At Cosmetic Evolution, we offer a range of different types of breast implants to ensure you get the best fit for your desires and needs.
Saline vs Silicone Implants
In Australia, there are two main types of implants that are used:
- Saline Implants: Saline implants are filled with salt water. They have a greater chance of rippling and if they leak, the body absorbs the salt water and the implants deflate and collapse.
- Silicone Implants: Silicone implants feel a lot more like natural breast tissue. They are filled with an elastic gel and are reliable and flexible.
We tend to prefer Silicone implants, however the choice of implant will depend on your needs and requirements.
The different shapes of breast implants include round implants and teardrop implants.
- Round Implants: Round implants are fuller in the upper part of the breast. This shape is generally chosen by those who wish to increase the size of their breasts but are happy with their natural breast shape.
- Teardrop Implants: Teardrop implants are a more natural shape of implant as the lower half is fuller. This type of implant also tends to lift the nipple. Those with sagging breasts tend to choose this shape of implant.
The surface of breast implants can either be smooth or textured.
- Smooth: smooth implants tend to have a more natural feel, however, they do have a higher risk of capsular contracture, or hardening of the scar tissue.
- Textured: textured implants have a reduced incidence of capsular contracture. They also have reduced implant movement as the lining helps keep it in place. The majority of implants used today have a textured surface.
We offer a range of different breast implant profiles, including:
Implants with a low or moderate profile have a wider base and lower projection than a high or extra-high profile implant, where breast projection will be more prominent and on a narrower base.
In your consultation, your surgeon will take measurements to help guide you in choosing the shape, size, type and surface of your implant. Please be aware that as everybody is different, not all options are suitable to everyone. Your surgeon will aim to take your desires into account, while still ensuring the implants are the best for you.