We offer support when travelling interstate (or to Australia) and can share information with you including accommodation deals. We’ll aim to provide you with the best patient experience for a stress-free journey. We also offer video consultations with our surgeons, followed by a face-to-face consultation.
The Benefits of Having Your Procedure in Australia
There are many advantages of undergoing your procedure in Australia, where you can be sure of hospital, medication and surgeon standards. If you’re considered travelling to Asia, first ask yourself:
- Once you’ve returned home, what’s your plan for follow-up care?
- Does the hospital/day clinic meet appropriate international standards for infection control, sterilisation of equipment and drug integrity?
- What happens if something goes wrong as a result of the surgery overseas? Do you have sufficient medical travel insurance in addition to the standard travel insurance, which may exclude travel for medical procedures?
- Are you aware of the potential complications of pursuing legal action in a foreign jurisdiction
- Is the overseas surgeon appropriately qualified and accredited?