MALE BREAST REDUCTION
Gynecomastia surgery reduces breast size in men, flattening and enhancing the chest contours. Gynecomastia is characterized by:
- Excess localized fat
- Excess glandular tissue development
- Sometimes excess breast skin
- Presence unilaterally (one breast) or bilaterally (both breasts)
In severe cases of gynecomastia, the weight of excess breast tissue may cause the breasts to sag and stretch the areola (the dark skin surrounding the nipple). In these cases, the position and size of the areola can be surgically improved and excess skin may be reduced. Plastic surgery to correct gynecomastia is technically called reduction mammaplasty.
- All surgical, private hospital, and anaesthesia fees (general anaesthetic administered by an ANZCA-qualified anaesthetist)
- Post-op appointments at all milestones: 1 week; 6 weeks; 12 weeks; 6 months; and 2 years
- All hospitalisation: Expect a 4-5 hour stay (day procedure) however in some circumstances an overnight stay may be necessary
- Comprehensive consultation with surgeon
At this stage there is no rebate from either Medicare or private health funds.
With us you’re able to develop a payment plan and this can be discussed with our consultants at the time of your appointment.
Every year thousands of men undergo successful cosmetic surgery and are happy with the outcomes. However as with any surgery you should be aware of potential risks. These will be fully discussed with you. It’s important that you address all your questions with your surgeon.