Breast augmentation is a surgical cosmetic procedure designed to increase the size and/or fullness of a woman’s natural breasts with the insertion of implants. There are many factors that are considered when considering whether or not a Breast Augmentation is right for you. For most of our clients, Breast Augmentation has been a personal choice that has helped them become a happier, sexier and more confident version of themselves.
Common reasons or desires for undergoing breast augmentation:
- Increase breast volume and fullness – If your breasts are sagging, flattened, elongated, asymmetrical or lacking adequate cleavage or volume, there is a good chance that you’re an excellent candidate for this surgery.
- Balance proportion – Create flattering curves that make you look more feminine and improve the appearance of clothes
- Restore volume after child birth – Breast feeding can change the appearance of your breast, a Breast Augmentation can help to restore lost volume
Who is NOT a candidate for breast augmentation?
- You’re pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have breast cancer or an abnormal mammogram
- You’re ill or battling an infection
- You have unrealistic expectations for post-surgery results
Though most women can qualify for breast implants, it’s vitally important that you are open and honest with your surgeon during your consultation. Even if breast implants are not right for you, he or she may be able to recommend an alternative course of action to help you achieve your aesthetic goals.
Ultimately, the criteria above are just general guidelines to help you get an idea of whether or not breast augmentation can be right for you. Because every person is unique, the final decision on pursuing a breast augmentation is between you and your doctor. Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon will allow you to get an honest medical opinion about your situation.
Above all, you understand that breast enhancement should be done strictly for yourself and because you believe it will increase your own happiness or confidence. You should never get cosmetic work done because someone else wants you to.